BC Regional Heritage Fairs
CCHSBC is a proud participant and supporter of the BC Regional Heritage Fairs, a province-wide programme that encourages youth to see history around them. Heritage Fairs are a group opportunity for young students to explore different historical topics, such as their own personal heritage.
CCHSBC History Award
This award recognizes outstanding Heritage Fair projects on a topic related to Chinese Canadian history, and/or family history that speaks to larger narratives of Canadian history. Winners are presented with a medal, and the supporting school is presented with a book to add to their library collection. In addition, winners are invited to attend our Society's annual Celebration Dinner in the Spring of the following year.
- Megan Ma, The Chinese Coming to Canada, Alberni Valley Museum Regional Heritage Fair
- Nicholas Mar, Chinese Immigration to Canada, Vancouver Regional Heritage Fair
- Anna Wolters, Railway to a New Life, Okanagan Regional Heritage Fair
- Dorothy Zheng, How have immigration laws affected the Chinese community?, Richmond Regional Heritage Fair
- Ayla Achtemichuk, Les Acadiens, Central BC Regional
- Alicia Thai, Chinese People Building the CPR, Fraser Valley Regional
- Rachel Le, Prejudice and Descrimination, Delta-Surrey Regional
- Caci Rice, Chinese Workers & the CPR, North Vancouver Island Regional
- Sienna Wilson, Yung Lum Chow, South Vancouver Island Regional
- Fengxiao Xu, Immigration Chinoise, Richmond Regional
- Keithan Liang, China, Northwest BC Regional
- Jada Burden, The Chinese CPR, Okanagan Regional
- Ava Low, Ho Ho's to Hipsters, Vancouver Regional
- Jody Au, Kamloops-Thompson Regional
supporting the bc heritage fair society's 2020 virtual fair
June 24, 2020 - Don't miss out on this wonderful showcase of student work happening this weekend - June 27th and 28th! Please register your attendance at https://bcheritagefairsalumni.wordpress.com/2020-virtual-fair/. We look forward to your support of our BC Heritage Fair students!
May 2020 - Upon learning that the annual BC Heritage Fair would be cancelled and replaced with a virtual fair led by its alumni team, our Board of Directors were delighted to continue supporting the efforts of students and teachers across the province to engage with all aspects of Canadian history by making a donation of $2000. In past years, CCHSBC has offered History Award Prizes to the participating BC regions and invited the winners to our Annual Celebratory Dinner. We look forward to seeing the results of this new endeavour.