Key Topics During the First Year
- Understanding and Cultivating Places as Cultural Landscapes
- Planning for the edges of Chinatown and how thinking about cultural values in Chinatown can improve the ways we think about neighbourhood planning
- How to manage living heritage and learn from examples local and international opportunities for affordable and low-incoming housing in historic places
Our Goals and Commitments
- To inspire interest in living heritage and the importance for the city of meaningful places such as Vancouver's Chinatown
- Provide stakeholders, including citizens, with opportunities for dialogue and learning about important issues in cultural heritage
- Engage stakeholders in meaningful ways with planning processes as the City of Vancouver pursues the bid for a World Heritage designation
Specifically concerning the bid for World Heritage
- We want to help citizens learn about this complex type of heritage and how it is important for creating and maintaining a sense of place.
- Learn about the UNESCO process for World Heritage Designation.
- Discover how this process is relevant to citizens and how they are relevant to the process.